Elliot Griggs is a multi-award winning Professional International Lighting Designer based in Croydon, South London. He trained in lighting design at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and has been designing lighting professionally for more than twelve years. He has designed for theatres including London’s National Theatre, Almeida Theatre, Royal Court, in the West End and Manchester’s Royal Exchange. As well as creating lighting designs for Punchdrunk, Jamie Lloyd Company, Headlong, HighTide and immersive events for Bompas and Parr.
He creates lighting designs for theatre, musicals, opera, dance and experiential events.
He also teaches lighting design and lighting programming for EOS to the next generation of lighting designers and technicians at drama schools and colleges.
Elliot is represented by Dan Usztan at United Agents.
- Best Lighting Design
- Off West-End Awards - Pomona, Orange Tree Theatre, London
- New Talent In Entertainment Lighting
- Worshipful Company of Lightmongers
- Francis Reid Award
- Association of Lighting Designers
- Outstanding Achievement in an Affiliate Theatre
- Olivier Awards - The P Word
OTHER AWARD NOMINATIONS
- Best New Musical
- Olivier Awards - Amelie The Musical
- Best Entertainment or Comedy Play
- Olivier Awards - Fleabag
- Best Production
- Off West-End Awards - An Octoroon
- Best New Comedy
- Olivier Awards - Dry Powder
An Octoroon - Photo by Helen Murray
Disco Pigs - Photo by Alex Brenner
Educating Rita - Photo by Andrew Billington
Fleabag - Photo by Matt Humphrey
Ivan and The Dogs - Photo by Basia Binkowska
Missing Julie - Photo by Marc Brenner
all of it - Photo by Manuel Harlan
Amelie The Musical - Photo by Pamela Raith